Sunday, March 2, 2008

Night: Section 6,7,8,9

I thought these sections were the most horrible out of the whole book. I can't beleive how the S.S officer beet elies father. He was obliviously very sick. Also, I think it was just as mean when the prisoneers beet elie's father and stole his food. That suprised me when only 12 out of 100 prsoneers made it off the cattle train. At least the resistance succeded and they drove the germans away so the prisoneers could be rescued. I think they should have acted sooner though so they could have saved more lives.

4 comments:

Nick Grider said...

These were by far the worst sections of the book. I know its a true story but its too harsh to be told. I hate how his fater is beaten also.

Spencer Dean said...

I wish that the resistance happened sooner, also. I think that if they would have rebelled in Sighet, then they wouldn't have ever gone to Auschwitz. Also, it's horrible that they beat Elie's sick father, but I think it's worse that Elie didn't get him some water when he asked for it! His father died wondering why his son wouldn't help him.

Colleen Anthes said...

I agree, I was also surprised that they beat Elie's father for bread. That would hurt even more than usual because he was sick. And it was surprising to me that he and his dad both made it off the train, being one of the twelve.

Kyle Splitt said...

Yeah, I thought it was pretty sad that Elie couldn't do anything to help his dad. I didn't like how the other prisoners stole his dads food. I think that if the resistance hadn't driven the S.S. out that all of the prisoners would have been killed.