Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Night: Section 5

In this section it turns to winter in the camp. The conditions in the camp get worse. I can't beleive all they gave them was slittely thicker clothes. Also I thought the docter was going to amputate ellie's foot. Also I thought that the S.S. was going to shoot everyone in the infurmary before they left the camp. It suprised me when they were liberated by the Russains two days later. Knowing that, I think that it was the wrong dission to evacuate the camp with the other prisoneers.

5 comments:

Spencer Dean said...

Yeah, when Elie was complaining about his foot I thought it was going be amputated, also. I didn't think that he was just going to have an infection. But now that they have gone through the snow, I bet he will have to get his foot amputated.

Kyle Splitt said...

I think that if the doctor hadn't been Jewish Elie would have lost his leg. I also thought that the S.S. would kill all of the people in the hospital. Yeah i think that with the condition of Elie's foot they should have stayed in the hospital.

Nick Grider said...

Yeah, Im pretty sure that it was the wrong decission to leave the camp too but its not like Elie knew that he would be freed. He probably thought that he was going to be killed if he stayed so he took his chances and left with the others. I am also suprised that he got to keep his foot.

Pierce O'Connell said...

It is horriable how they only got slightly thicker clothes. I think he should have stayed at the hospital because of his foot. If he would have stayed he woulda been free in two days.

Steven Peterson said...

I also think it is the wrong decicsion for Elie to leave camp, but he wanted to go with his dad.